Monday, February 16, 2009

Christmas, New Year and Valentine's Day



I tried to post not long ago but it was lost in cyber space so here I am again.

Christmas was very nice. I received from my hubby a $50 gift certificate to Mosaic (my local yarn shop), a lantern moon knitting bag, a digital camera and the Denise Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set. Our son got an electric guitar and some games for his game systems. He also received enough money to get a PSP and some games for that. For my hubby I got a 16GB Flash Drive, Dremel Tool Set, a VA Tech Hoodie, Dress shirts and another tool set.

We spent most of Christmas Day at my mother in laws with family and friends. Lots of good food and great memories.

We spent New Years at home which was nice.

Valentine's Day is a day we don't normally celebrate but this year my hubby took me out to dinner on Friday night and gave me a pair of heart shaped Mystic Fire Topaz earrings then on Saturday while we were at Walmart he helped me purchase a new laptop by acer called Aspire One which is a very small laptop it weighs a total of 3lbs and will fit in a purse or if you have a large purse it could get lost in it. My hubby is one wonderful guy.

I finished hubby's scarf yesterday and took pictures which I will share later. I have now started one for my son. I am also working on a prayershawl for a friend who was hurt a week ago and had surgery this past Thursday.

My friend that had the stroke will be going home at the end of this month to live by herself and I am somewhat worried about her doing that but she is the one to make her own decisions.

1 comment:

Fountain of Joy said...

OMG what a great scarf!!!! Where did you get the pattern for this!?