Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas at my mom's

This past Saturday my mom had the family Christmas party at her house and there were 22 people, 5 of which were teens on down to a 2 yr old. We enjoyed good food and had fun playing Dirty Santa. My mom always gives my brother, his wife, 2 children and us (my dh, ds and me) our gifts that day as well. My hubby had asked for money which my mom gave him $200 and my son wanted a certain game for his PS2 which he recieved plus a sweater and pj's and $50 in cash. I got a top, a christmas turtleneck, a sweater, a fleece top, a Tommy Hilfiger (sp?) purse and a rolling bag to organize my knitting stuff. Do you say a little spoiled???...LOL. I can't wait till Christmas morning to see my son's face when he see's what he's getting this year and I can't tell yet in case he finds and reads this. I still have some wrapping to do and will work on that tonight and tomorrow. I have already wrapped dh's and ds' and they are all under the tree. I will be spending most of Christmas day at my mother in laws cooking and enjoying my dh's family (I love them all as well as my own). We will go and visit with my dad and his wife Christmas Eve day for a little bit and then to visit my dad's baby sister. This is the time of year that I truly miss a lot of my family but have very fond memories of Christmas' past.

When I was growing up we used to go to my grandparents (The Hale's) on Christmas morning where we would eat breakfast which consisted of eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, gravy, biscuits, fried apples and then after all that we would have homemade cinnamon rolls with homemade icing. After breakfast we would gather round the Christmas Tree and open gifts. I miss those days and my grandparents.

No comments: