Saturday, June 28, 2008

Purl Jam

Ok it's been a week since Purl Jam and let me tell you I had a blast and was very tired this week.

I got to meet Cornelia Tuttle-Hamilton, Annie Modesitt and Jared Flood (Brooklyn Tweed). What a great group of teachers they are. Each has their own style and ideas which made it fun and extremely interesting.

Jared is a very talented and bright young man who taught us how to make seamless sweaters. Jared also taught us how to do cables without using extra needles.

Cornelia was a very gracious and lovely lady who I truly enjoyed talking with and having dinner with. Cornelia taught me how to measure for better fitting socks and I wish I could've taken more of her classes.

Annie Modesitt was a blast full of fun and she taught us her little tips and tricks plus how to read a chart while starting a lace scarf.

I really wish that my friend who had, had a stroke could've been there with me for the whole weekend since she paid for it and was looking forward to it as much if not more than I was. She did make it for lunch on Saturday and got to meet the instructors which was great and she had good time. On the good news side she is able to hold/pick up a size 35 knitting needle and I look for her to be knitting again soon.

Gina (owner of Mosaic Yarn Shop in Blacksburg, VA) did a great job and we look forward to the next one.

No comments: