Saturday, May 31, 2008

Odd Fellows & Rebekahs

I am member of the Odd Fellows and the Rebekahs which are a wonderful group of people who do a lot of good in the world and of which I am a proud member of both. We just finished with the Grand Lodge and Rebekah Assembly meetings this week. I worked hard to make a few dishcloths for my mother in law to give as gifts to those that she wanted to give them too (I tried to make enough for each of her officers but didn't quite make it). My mother in law for the past three years has served as Warden, Vice President and President of the Virginia Assembly. I was elected this past Wednesday as the Warden for 2008-2009 and will be making visits throughout Virginia over the next three years. I am looking forward to visiting the lodges and meeting the members and meeting new members as well.

My mother in law's emblem was the butterfly and that is the design of the dishcloths that I made for her.

At this time I am working on a baby blanket for the honary granddaughter that is due in June. The blanket is from the book "Knit along with Debbie Macomber, The Shop on Blossom Street" and is called "Only the finest for Amelia". I am of course doing it in pink. I am hoping to get a hat, booties, sweater, bib, washcloth, burp towel and mitts done as well.

May you all be blessed.

No comments: