Sunday, June 6, 2010

Birthdays and Purl Jam

This past week I turned 46 yrs old it went by quietly. I spent my birthday knitting with friends and payed for my Purl Jam classes (knitting retreat) which was my birthday gift to myself. Friday night (6/4/10) was the meet and greet which was very nice and gave us a chance to shop a little. The vendors that were there had local hand spun and hand dyed yarns that were beautiful as well as some fibers for spinning which were beautiful. One vendor had beautiful jewellery. I learned how to knit socks from the toe up on Saturday morning then we had lunch and Violet from the podcast "Lime and Violet" was our keynote speaker. Violet was hysterical and we had a great time. The afternoon I learned to use my drop spindle and I am supposed to practice 15 minutes a day. After classes were over I went to see my cousins baby (the one I did the blanket "Cameron's Boats for) and he is so sweet and handsome filled with lots of smiles for everyone. May your days be filled with smiles and blessings.

No comments: